Below are my various policies on privacy, copyright, refunds, and so forth.
Any personal data such as names, email addresses, and physical addresses will not be sold, shared, or given away to anybody aside from the obviously necessary interactions, such as providing the post office with a recipient address. Anybody else seeking data such as pesky telemarketers will be told off with varying levels of severity depending on their level of harassment and nuisance.
Personal data is stored offline, not online. Trespassers and thieves who break into my office will be handled more sharply than telemarketers. If they make it to my office. I am surrounded by coyotes, bobcats, pit vipers, skunks, possums, racoons, large dogs, pistols, rifles, shotguns, and one neighbor has a cannon. I detest unannounced visits and will be potentially wielding anything from a razor tongue to something a bit more physical. It is not advisable to try to break into my office.
Newsletters are typically sent around the first of the month. I do not send out more than one per month. I am highly irritated by spam and do not wish to become a spammer. Emails are also jealousy guarded and will not be shared with anybody, or used for any purpose other than this newsletter. Should anybody try to take my email list and use it improperly, I will give them such an earful that a drill sergeant would be either proud or terrified.
I'm fairly easy-going and enjoy bringing folks's ideas to life. But there are some things that I just will not do.
- I will not sell copyrighted material or famous people, such as Disney's Lion King or Antonio Banderas. Fan art is generally illegal.
- I will not draw graphic blood, gore, violence, torture, or animal cruelty.
- I will not draw erotic art of certain fetishes. (Kids, critters, non-consensual, violence, etc.)
- I will not draw hateful content. If you have a problem with a gender, religion, politician, etc., keep me out of it.
Rights of Artist and Buyer
- Buyer's Rights
- The patron can display their commission in their online gallery so long as it is not altered in any way and is credited back to me.
- The patron can use the commission as an icon or avatar online wherever they wish. Cropping is allowed and I will happily help you create an icon out of your commission if you want me to.
- I cannot sell the commission to anybody but the patron, nor use the commission commercially, if their account is paid in full.
- All forms of reprinting for personal use are permitted, such as very large wall art, coffee mugs, throw pillows, keychains, and jigsaw puzzles. One of the reasons why I give you a digital copy!
- Artist's Rights
- I reserve the right to refuse to do a commission and I retain full copyright to all work I create.
- I reserve the right to display the commission in my gallery, portfolio, and on my website unless otherwise agreed upon with the patron. If their account is paid in full.
- The patron cannot resell the commission to anybody else. I retain the copyright to all artwork I create.
- If the patron refuses to pay me after I complete the commission, I reserve the right to use the work commercially as I see fit.
- 60 Day Full Refund
- If I have not yet begun to work on your order, you may receive a full refund if you cancel within the first 60 days of placing your order.
- Partial Refund after 60 Days
- If I have not yet begun to work on your order and you ordered a drawing through a third-party site (Etsy, eBay, etc.) or paid for your order through Paypal, you may receive a refund for 85%-95% of what you paid. The remaining 5%-15% is to cover the various nonrefundable fees charged by the other sites involved.
- Half Refund
- If I have begun or finished your order, you may receive half a refund if you cancel. I have a 50% "kill fee" to cover my time and supplies.
- If you receive your drawing without a CD and return the drawing, you may receive half a refund of the artwork's value. Shipping is nonrefundable. Please bear in mind I will auction off your drawing to the highest bidder.
- No refund
- If you never paid me and I never started, well... Nothing really to refund.
- If you have received your drawing and CD with digital copies, you are not eligible for a refund.
- If you have received a full resolution digital copy, you are not eligible for a refund. I have no guarantee you didn't make a copy of the file first before changing your mind about your purchase.
- The basic commissioning process from start to finish.
- Not quite sure what you want? Here are some things to consider when deciding upon a drawing, such as camera angle, background, and optional themes.
- Pricing, Sizes, and Turn Around Time
- A guide to the cost of the different sizes and mediums, along with estimated time of completion. I have a page for rough estimates if you would like a quick ballpark figure.
- The accepted payment methods and a few guides to some of them.
- Cancellations, returns, refunds, limitations, and rights of the artist and buyer.
- What past buyers have had to say.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you don't find an answer here, feel free to contact me!
By commissioning me, you agree to these terms regardless of where or when you contacted me.
Cancellations and Refunds
All returned items go straight back to the address it was mailed from. Just give me a heads-up before you send something back so I know to look for it. My current mail carrier likes to cause trouble.
If you write a bad check and it bounces, there will be an additional $35 fee.